Issued 24th March 2020
LONGTOWN PRIMESTOCK - AS NORMAL
Cast Ewes 7am
Prime Hoggs at 10am
Cast cows - time to be confirmed
Primestock entry form
Store & Breeding entry form
Please book entries with the office 01228 791215 and please see below.
IAAS COVID-19 Action Plan
The proposal for continued mart operation during a lock down period is as follows:
Farmers delivering livestock to auction marts
• Deliveries made to marts as normal via livestock trailers/hauliers. Hauliers/farmers to unload livestock into pen beside loading bay. Farmer/haulier to leave premises.
• Mart staff to collect livestock from the loading bay pens and pen up in the mart.
• Mart staff collect required paperwork from driver across biosecurity line or via email (preferable) ensuring maximum social distance is maintained.
Buyers coming to auction marts to purchase livestock
• Any buyer must pre-register their attendance at any sale.
• Buyer must declare that they have not been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case nor have visited a high-risk area during the previous 14 days.
• Buyers to sign in and out of auction mart premises.
• Only pre-registered buyers will be allowed access to the mart.
• Buyers will be advised to keep a distance of 2 metres from each other around the auction ring. All rings have sufficient space to accommodate this spacing and marking of areas recommended.
• Suitable bio-security measures will be in place and available • hand washing facilities/hand gels/foot dips etc. Buyers will be expected to use these on entry and exit.
• No additional visitors will be admitted to the mart on sale days outside of key staff and registered buyers.
Removal of stock post auction
• Hauliers/farmers arrive at mart in normal manner; however, they are to remain in vehicles until loading bay space becomes available.
• Reverse to loading bays and, from a safe distance, inform the mart staff of consignment to collect.
• Mart staff to deliver livestock to pens beside loading bays and haulier/farmer should complete the loading of the lorry/trailer. Mart staff to share paperwork with driver as required across the biosecurity line. Mart staff to retain maximum social distance possible from vehicle driver.
• Haulier/farmer leaves the site.
Please note that the cafe is closed.