Dumfries Pig Sale Report
C & D Auction Marts Ltd held their monthly sale of pigs in Dumfries on Monday 9th March 2020.
A great show for quality and supply forward to a very keen ringside of buyers for all classes of pigs. Butcher buyers especially making their presence felt. Heavy pigs easy to cash especially baconers, cast sows & boars, with demand seriously outstripping supply.
Sows & Boars to £230
Baconers to £180
Cutters to £155
Porkers to £80
Weaners to £65
C & D Auction Marts Ltd held their monthly sale of pigs in Dumfries on Monday 10th February 2020.
A great show of pigs forward to a large ringside of buyers sold at an expectional trade. Most classes were keenly sought after. Sows being the keenest sold to £210, baconers to £160, porkers to £130, weaners to £65.
C & D Auction Marts Ltd held their inaugural show and sale of pigs in Dumfries on Monday 9th December 2019.
All classes of pigs were well supported and a keen ringside of buyers saw a brisk trade ensue. Weaners were harder to cash. Porkers and cutters sold well to vendors expectations and sows and boars were hotly competed for overall a successful sale for quality sorts.
Champion gilt sold to £140 from SAC College, Easter Howgate.
Weaners to £80, Light Porkers to £85, Growers to £45, Cutters to £100, Baconers to £120, Sows to £140, Boars to £110.
- Overall Champion - First Prize Maiden Guilt from Scottish Agriculture Collage Easter Howgate sold for £140
- First prize pen 214
- First Prize Boar Pig
- Overall Champion - First Prize Maiden Guilt from Scottish Agriculture College Easter Howgate sold for £140 with Auctioneer and judge Robert Weir
- First prize Best Weaners
- First prize Organic Pigs from Dumfries House sold for £85 each
- Reserve Champion First Prize Sow sold for £130
- First prize Best Weaners-2
- Overall Champion - First Prize Maiden Guilt from Scottish Agriculture Collage Easter Howgate sold for £140-2